Control Solutions' i.Report VP3-2290 Global Remote Telemetry Unit is ideal for demanding remote alarm monitoring and data logging. It includes cellular GPRS or CDMA radio built in. The VP3-2290 includes 12 hardwire sensor inputs which are universally configurable as analog, temperature (thermistor), or discrete/dry contact inputs. Two inputs have 30V range for battery monitoring. High speed pulse counting is provided on 2 inputs. The VP3-2290 also includes 8 discrete inputs and 2 discrete outputs. The VP3-2290 includes a Modbus RTU port which may operate in master or slave mode. The VP3-2290 also includes a CAN/J1939 port for applications such as engine monitoring.
CDMA or GPRS 3G Cellular
Wireless Remote Monitoring
with Optional GPS Tracking
• Wireless Alarm Monitoring
• Local and Server Based Data Logging
• Soft PLC for Local Control
• 12 Analog/Universal Inputs
• 8 Fixed Discrete Inputs
• 2 Discrete Outputs
• Pulse Count on 2 Channels
• CAN 2.0b Port
• J1939 Engine Monitoring
• RS-485 Serial Port
• Modbus RTU Master or Slave
• USB Service Port
• 2GB Local File Storage
i.Report Model VP3-2290 Cellular Remote Telemetry Unit
• Physical point monitoring
• User programmable alarm limits
• Flexible rule template programming
• Periodic data point reporting
• Event driven alarm reporting
• SMS, email, voice notifications
• Google Maps dynamic interface
• Geo-fencing with notification of fence broken
i.Report VP3-2290 Cellular Remote Telemetry Unit
Order code: VP3-2290
List price: $1,875.00
Your price: $1,495.00
Log in for Wholesale
Control Solutions’ i.Report Model VP3-2290 Cellular Remote Telemetry Unit is ideal for demanding remote alarm monitoring and data logging. It includes either GPRS 3G or CDMA cellular radio built in. (3G via AT&T in the US, various carriers worldwide. CDMA via Verizon in the US.)
The VP3-2290 includes 12 hardwired sensor inputs, which are universally configurable as analog, temperature (thermistor), or discrete/dry contact inputs. Two of the analog inputs have 30V input range for directly monitoring batteries. The VP3-2290 includes 8 discrete inputs selectable for active voltage sense or dry contact closure to ground. The VP3-2290 also includes 2 discrete outputs for functions such as generator start on command or local alarm indicator.
The VP3-2290 includes a Modbus RTU port which may operate in master or slave mode. The VP3-2290 may poll multiple Modbus slaves to greatly expand I/O capability. The VP3-2290 may also operate as a slave allowing a PLC in a larger system to write data to the VP3-2290.
The VP3-2290 also includes a CAN/J1939 port for applications such as engine monitoring. The VP3-2290 can receive any standard J1939 message, including transport protocol. The VP3-2290 can initiate data read requests. The VP3-2290 can transmit J1939 messages sending data provided by the web portal or derived internally. Message construction is completely configurable, and transport protocol is supported in both directions.
The VP3-2290 supports report by exception for alarm monitoring. Periodic data logging will occur at the rate desired, but alarms and warnings will be called in immediately. The web portal will then dispatch any number of emails, SMS text messages, and voice calls as desired.
The VP3-2290 supports store and forward logging. Data will be reported at regular intervals via cellular when coverage is available. When a mobile unit leaves cellular coverage, the VP3-2290 will log data to its internal 2GB data flash, and upload stored data when service is found.
The VP3-2290 is configured over the air via the LogMyData web portal. Convenient templates simplify configuration of I/O points, mapping of Modbus registers, setting of alarm limits, and assignment of notifications to users.
i.CanDrawIt® is included at no additional cost with every i.Report from Control Solutions. i.CanDrawIt® works just like an electrical schematic CAD program, except you draw control programs that look like circuits. The resulting software will function like the circuit you draw. i.CanDrawIt® includes visual program simulation as well as visual live debugging where supported by the target device. Set breakpoints or step through the program one visual function block at a time. Update variables and I/O objects in simulation or live.
VP3-2290 Hardware Features
• Remote monitoring and data logging
• Tracks 400 data points with dual alarm thresholds per point
• Supports trending and report-on-delta for all 400 points
• Cellular connectivity using GPRS 3G or CDMA
• GPS tracking and geo-fencing for mobile apps (optional)
• Store and forward logging
• 2GB data flash for event and data logging
• Battery backed real time clock for timestamps
• Programmable soft PLC included
• Modbus RTU master/slave port
• CAN 2.0b/J1939 communication port
• Engine monitoring functions assigned to any data object
• Over the air (GPRS/CDMA) control
• Over the air (GPRS/CDMA) firmware update
• 12 Universal inputs
• 0-10VDC, thermistor, dry contact
• 0-30VDC range on 2 channels
• 4-20mA with external resistor
• 16-bit sigma-delta converter
• Continuously self calibrating
• 8 Fixed discrete inputs, 0-30VDC input range
• Voltage sense or dry contact closure to ground
• Hardware pulse counter on 2 channels
• 2 Discrete outputs, 30VDC 1A open drain FET
• Internal temperature sensor
• Hardened RS-485 serial port (Modbus RTU)
• USB port (connects to laptop for service)
• 32-bit ARM7 processor, 512K Flash
• 2GB data flash for event/data logging
• 128K EEPROM for configuration storage
• Operates from 10-30VDC or 12-24VAC
• DIN rail mounting, 100mm H x 105mm W x 60mm D
• Operating temperature 0°C to +70°C
• Operating range -30°C to +70°C optional
• Modbus Tutorial
Introduction to Modbus, including function codes, exception codes, register numbering.
i.Report Video Library
Watch these videos for an introduction to LogMyData web portal and i.Report Device. It's easier than reading!
Our most extensive technical support is provided by the same engineering staff that developed the products. Your personal attention from this staff is available via the support ticket system.
No user/password is required to open a new ticket. Once you open a ticket, you will immediately receive an email with your ticket number. Your ticket number becomes your login to review your ticket(s) later. Click the Support Ticket icon anywhere you see it. (If you do not get an email with your ticket number, within minutes, check your junk folder, spam settings, etc, and try again if necessary.)Open a Ticket